Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

Faith based & spiritually related events & services, workshops and retreats, prayer requests, etc. All walks & faiths welcome.
Local worship directory
drmike

Re: Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

Post by drmike »

Rescued

Today's Scripture

Many hardships and perplexing circumstances confront the righteous, but the LORD rescues him from them all. Psalm 34:19, AMP

God never said we wouldn’t have difficulties. Being a person of faith doesn’t exempt us from challenges and unfair situations. That’s a part of life. The promise in today’s Scripture is not that you won’t have difficulties, but that God will bring you out of “them all.” When you’re in the adversity, your report should be, “I’m coming out. This sickness is temporary. This trouble is not the end. This addiction is not permanent. This slowdown in my business is just for a season.” Right now, you may not be able to see it, but God is in the adversity with you and is in the process of bringing you out. You’re not going to come out the same. You’re going to come out stronger, free from things that were holding you back, with a greater trust in God, a greater confidence, a greater faith. That’s getting you prepared for the next level of your destiny. With every experience, something is deposited in you that you’re going to use down the road.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that no matter what hardship or trouble I face, I can stay in peace knowing that You will rescue me from them all. Thank You that You are right here with me in the challenge. I declare that I am coming out of it stronger and ready for the next level You are taking me to. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Mike Brooks is COFA's prayer coordinator. Please feel free to contact him anytime for prayer and he'll gladly lift your requests up to the Lord and with your permission pass it on to COFA's prayer team. You can contact Mike at 303.880.9878 or email him at mikeb@cofausa.org with your requests.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer needs you can call Mike 303.880.9878
drmike

Post by drmike »

Remember

Today's Scripture

Jesus told him, “Stand up, pick up your mat, and walk!” John 5:8, NLT

In John 5, Jesus healed a man lying beside the pool of Bethesda who had been crippled for thirty-eight years. Why did He tell him to take his mat with him? After all those years, that mat was dirty, ragged, and probably stunk. Why didn’t Jesus tell him to get rid of it? Because that mat was there to remind him of what God had done. It was part of his story. Whenever people asked him, “Why are you carrying that ugly old mat?” he would say, “No, this is a beautiful mat. It’s a reminder that God healed me.”

The reason God leaves mats from our past is not only that we’ll remember what He’s done, but so we can tell others. The mat means you’re healed, you’re forgiven, and you can walk again. You may still have your mat, but that’s simply to remind you of the greatness of our God. When you see other people who need healing, let them know that what God did for you, He can do for them.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for the mats from my past that are a part of my story. Thank You for healing me, forgiving me, and giving me a new life. Help me to remember what You’ve done in my life and to use my story to encourage others of what You can do for them. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Mike Brooks is COFA's prayer coordinator. Please feel free to contact him anytime for prayer and he'll gladly lift your requests up to the Lord and with your permission pass it on to COFA's prayer team. You can contact Mike at 303.880.9878 or email him at mikeb@cofausa.org with your requests.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer needs you can call Mike 303.880.9878
drmike

Post by drmike »

It Will Be Undeniable

Today's Scripture

You prepare a feast for me in the presence of my enemies. Psalm 23:5, NLT

You may have some obstacles in your path today that have you feeling stuck. There’s no way you’ll get well, no way you can pay off your house, no way to go back to school. It’s a setup. God is about to display His awesome power, not just so you can see it, but so other people can see it. When David says that God prepares a feast before you in the presence of your enemies, that’s not private. God is going to show out so the opposition and the critics will all see you promoted, honored, in a position of influence, in a public display. That’s why you don’t have to prove to people who you are or waste your time trying to convince people who are not for you to like you. Keep running your race, honoring God, and at some point, He’s going to show out in such a way that your critics can’t deny the favor on you. People are going to know the Lord is on your side.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You have Your ways of preparing feasts for me when I face opposition and critics. Make a show of how much You love me. Display Your awesome power through me. Let me not only see Your goodness but use me to show other people how great You are. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

drmike

Post by drmike »

The Valley of Blessing

Today's Scripture

On the fourth day they gathered in the Valley of Blessing, which got its name that day because the people praised and thanked the LORD there. 2 Chronicles 20:26, NLT

In 2 Chronicles 20, after God told King Jehoshaphat of Judah to march his army toward three major armies that should have crushed them, he appointed singers of praise to walk ahead of the army. As the singers sang, “Give thanks to the Lord; His faithful love endures forever,” the enemy armies began fighting one another and destroyed themselves without the Israelites having to fight. What’s interesting is that they didn’t call the place where they had their greatest battle the valley of opposition, struggle, or fear. They called it the Valley of Blessing.

Maybe what you’re facing looks insurmountable. Every voice may tell you “that’s a valley of defeat, you’re never going to get out, never accomplish your dreams.” Have this new perspective: That’s not the valley of defeat but of victory. That’s not a valley to stop you but to promote you. It’s not a valley of sickness but of restoration. God is saying, “Stand still in faith, and I will turn that battlefield into your blessing field. You’re going to come out better.”

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You are in control of all the situations in my life, and You are fighting my battles. Thank You that no matter what valley I find myself in, You will make it into a Valley of Blessing. I choose to be still, to get quiet before You, and listen to You. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

drmike

Post by drmike »

Don’t Think Like Everyone Else

Today's Scripture

The LORD has given me a strong warning not to think like everyone else does. He said, “Don’t…live in dread of what frightens them. Make the LORD of Heaven’s Armies holy in your life…. He will keep you safe.” Isaiah 8:11–14, NLT

Negative news is all around us—how frightening the sickness is, how bad the economy is, what’s coming in the future. If you dwell on that, you’re going to end up afraid, worried, and panicked, thinking you’re not going to make it. It’s a negative cycle that keeps drawing in more fear, more worry, and more defeat. It weakens you and drains your strength, your energy, and your passion.

Today’s Scripture warns us to not think like everyone else. Negative thinking is contagious. When other people are afraid, worried, and negative, you have to be on the offensive and say, “No, I know my God is still on the throne. I will outlast whatever comes against me. I have strength in Christ for all things.” At the start of the day, you need to set your mind for victory. Don’t let just any thoughts play. You have to purposefully think power thoughts, victory thoughts, abundance thoughts, can-do thoughts. Keep honoring God, and He will defeat your enemies and keep you safe.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that no weapon formed against me shall prosper because You are the guardian of my soul. Thank You that I can set my mind for victory today and not be afraid of what frightens and worries other people. I declare that I will not think like everyone else. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

drmike

Post by drmike »

Healing for Your Wounds

Today's Scripture

Is there no balm in Gilead? Is there no physician there? Why then is there no healing for the wound of my people? Jeremiah 8:22, NIV

In today’s Scripture, the prophet Jeremiah had watched the nation of Judah be taken away into exile in Babylon for their idolatry and disobedience. He was very discouraged and was asking, “God, is there no cure for Your people?” In previous verses, he likened it to being bit by poisonous snakes. How could they deal with the venom and be restored as a nation?

The truth is that we’ve all been bitten by something—by guilt, by fear, by rejection. You may have been bitten by mistakes, by divorce, by hurts, by sins. How do we get rid of the poison and not let it stop our destiny? The apostle Paul says, “Look to Jesus, for God made Him who knew no sin to be sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him.” On the cross, Jesus took all our failures, shame, and guilt upon Himself. Whoever believes in Him will live. There’s healing, freedom, victory, and salvation in Him. My question is, what are you looking at?

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that Jesus really is the balm in Gilead, my physician, the One who brings the healing for my wounds. Thank You that none of the things I’ve been bitten by can stop my destiny. I believe that Jesus took all of that upon Himself on the cross and His life reigns in me. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

drmike

Post by drmike »

Bigger and Bigger

Today's Scripture

But the path of the righteous is like the light of dawn, which shines brighter and brighter until full day. Proverbs 4:18, ESV

God’s idea is that our lives get bigger and bigger—more influence, more opportunity, more resources. But you may feel stuck. You haven’t seen this happen yet, but this is a new day. Things are about to turn in your favor. If you get your hopes up and start expecting God’s goodness, you’re going to come into a bigger life, to a new level of your destiny.

You may be in a limited environment right now that you can’t change. If you see lack, dysfunction, struggle, and addictions on a regular basis, it can become ingrained in you to where you think that’s the way it’s supposed to be. The key is to not let the environment get in you. Don’t let mediocrity become the norm. Don’t live with a small mentality. Don’t water down your dreams, accepting less when you know God has created you for more. Start believing bigger. Start taking steps of faith, stretching, growing, and learning. Start living larger, and God will amaze you with His goodness.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that I can begin to see myself the way You see me as living a bigger and better life. Help me to get unstuck from my limited environment and not expecting anything better. I believe that You have new horizons for me to explore and a bigger life than I am now living. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

drmike

Post by drmike »

Think Better

Today's Scripture

…you’ll do best by filling your minds and meditating on things true, noble, reputable, authentic, compelling, gracious—the best, not the worst; the beautiful, not the ugly; things to praise, not things to curse. Philippians 4:8, MSG

The Scripture tells us to meditate on God’s Word day and night. The word “meditate” means “to think about over and over.” We need to pay attention to what we’re meditating on. What you allow to play in your mind will determine what kind of life you live. Meditating on problems doesn’t make them better; it makes them worse. Your life is going to follow your thoughts. When you think better, you will live better.

Paul tells us to think on things that are wholesome, pure, and of good report. If it’s not a good report, don’t dwell on it, because it’s going to poison your spirit. Instead of replaying the doom and gloom over and over, replay what God says. Yes, the financial situation may be a little shaky, but God says He will supply all your needs. He said He will prosper you even in a time of famine. He said He will open the windows of heaven and pour out blessings that you cannot contain. Go through the day meditating on that!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for giving me Your promises to meditate upon. Thank You that Your Word instructs me to think on things that are true and right, wholesome, pure, and of good report. I declare that my trust is in You alone and not in anything else. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

drmike

Post by drmike »

Refreshing Springs

Today's Scripture

When they walk through the Valley of Weeping, it will become a place of refreshing springs. Psalm 84:6, NLT

When you face opposition and things don’t go your way, recognize that it’s not permanent. That’s not your final destination. Quit worrying about things that are only temporary—the betrayal, the injustice, the loneliness. That’s not your permanent home. It’s a temporary stop. The psalmist wrote of passing through the Valley of Weeping, not settling or getting stuck there. The valley is temporary; you’re passing through it.

You may have a dream that you’ve buried and given up on. Maybe you’re going through a valley right now, something you don’t understand. Maybe you’re on a detour right now, going through something that is very discouraging. My challenge is to quit losing sleep over a temporary stop. Quit being stressed out over something that’s only for a season; it’s not permanent. You’re just passing through what will lead you to a place of refreshing springs. The right people, the right opportunities, the healing, the vindication, the restoration are headed your way. Dreams you’ve buried will be coming back to life.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that You have seen every tear I’ve shed and every dark valley I’ve walked through. Thank You that the valley is only temporary and that I just need to walk in faith through it. I believe that where You lead me will take me to refreshing springs and restoration. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

drmike

Post by drmike »

Declare a Decree

Today's Scripture

“I will declare the decree: The LORD has said to Me, ‘You are My Son, today I have begotten You.’” Psalm 2:7, NKJV

The psalmist says, “I will declare a decree.” A decree was an official written order usually having the force of law. He was saying, “I’m going to start speaking this decree.” We can do the same and speak decrees. You should write down your goals and what you want to see happen in your life. Then declare that decree out loud every day. Something happens when we speak. You are prophesying your future. Those words will change your outlook and change who you are.

You can personalize your decree, but here are some areas that should be on your decree. “I am strong. I am healthy. I am full of energy. I am passionate. I am talented. I am valuable. I am confident. I have a good personality. I am happy. I enjoy my life. I am a person of excellence. I am full of integrity. I am successful. I am prosperous. I run with purpose in every step. I am blessed. I am victorious. I am a child of the Most High God.”

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You that my words have the power of a decree to change my life and become my reality. Help me to give my faith a voice by declaring words of blessing over myself and my future daily. I believe that You are going to bless me with an abundance of good things. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Return to “Spiritual Cabin”